In this blog we will talk about S3 pricing. Important points to consider are:
- Pricing is based on region. In this blog we will look at pricing for Sydney region.
- Pricing varies based on storage used. The more storage you use, the lesser is the price per GB.
- Here’s the storage cost for 1000G in USD .
|Intelligent Tiering||$25 + $0.0025 per 1,000 objects|
|S3 Standard – Infrequent Access||$19|
|S3 One Zone – Infrequent Access||$15.2|
|S3 Glacier Deep Archive||$2|
- For standard storage you are charged around $0.0055 for 1000 PUT, COPY, POST, LIST and $0.00044 for 1000 GET, SELECT, and all other requests
- Lifecycle transition is not charged for standard but charged for other storage at $0.01 and Glacier at $0.036 for 1000 requests.
- Retrieval charges for Glacier varies from ($0.003 to $0.036 per GB) and ($0.03 to $12 per 1000 requests) depending on how fast you want to retrieve it
- Data transfer in S3 from internet is free but data transfer from S3 to internet is USD $114 for 1000G